June 6 (Reuters) - Nordgold says:
* Has started construction on low-cost, large-scale Gross mine in Yakutia, Russia.
* The project will require around $250 million of total capital investment during construction.
* In 2016, Nordgold will invest approximately $125 million in the construction at Gross.
* Gross is expected to mine approximately 12 million tonnes of ore and to produce approximately 230 koz of gold per year, at full production, for 17 years.
* First gold is expected to be poured in Q1 2018. Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting by Moscow Newsroom)