May 1 (Reuters) - Tesla Motors Inc TSLA.O:
* Tesla CEO Elon Musk says "our goal is to fundamentally change the way the world uses energy on an extreme scale"
* Tesla CEO Elon Musk says "lead installation partner for home battery will be solarcity, but there will be many others"
* Tesla CEO Elon Musk says "we expect to make many gigafactories"
* Tesla's Musk says will start moderate volume production of home batteries later this year
* Scale batteries have already been sold to select customers
* Tesla's Musk says batteries will be made in fremont factory at first and then transitioned to gigafactory next year
* Tesla says stationary batteries will be in select international markets later this year
* Musk says Tesla is making 'slow but steady progress in japan'
* Musk says Tesla expects to have low but growing gross margin in battery products in q4
* Musk says battery products will be 'materially profitable probably some time next year'
* Tesla's selling price for Powerwall home battery to installers is $3500 for 10kwh and $3000 for 7kwh (price excludes inverter and installation)
Further company coverage: TSLA.O