Loeb's Third Point hedge fund targeting Nestle for strategic changes- Bloomberg
June 25 Nestle SA, is being targeted by activist investor Daniel Loeb's hedge fund Third Point LLC, Bloomberg reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
ZURICH, March 8 The Swiss blue-chip SMI was seen opening unchanged at 8,627 points on Wednesday, according to premarket indications by bank Julius Baer .
The following are some of the main factors expected to affect Swiss stocks.
The Swiss food group plans to close its 138-year-old plant in Linz, Austria, by March 2018, it said on Tuesday, citing falling demand and changing consumer trends.
For more click
* Leclanche SA said it has received certifications for its LTO battery cells' compliance with latest Chinese standards, a pre-requisite for sales in the country.
* Charles Voegele said it has postponed its annual shareholders meeting from April 20 to a later, still-to-be-determined, date amid its sale to Italy's Sempione, which filed a claim regarding cancellation of outstanding Voegele shares.
* Norinvest said Cedric Anker has been named Banque Cramer & Cie's new chief executive officer.
* Dormakaba Holding said its first half net profit rose to 95.8 million Swiss francs ($94.51 million)from 67.1 million francs a year earlier.
* Kardex said its full year profit increased by 8.1 percent to 30.8 million euros.
* Bossard Holding said its full year earnings before interest increased by 11.6 percent to 78.5 million Swiss francs and net income rose 14.6 percent to 62.4 million francs.
* Banque Cantonale Du Valais said its net profit increased by 1.3 percent to 57.5 million Swiss francs.
* Lifewatch said federal claims in the Qui Tam case which was brought, in part, on behalf of Federal Government Payors, Medicare, Tricare And Veterans Administration have been dismissed with prejudice.
* Gurit said it currently estimates the company will continue to grow on a low single-digit level in 2017 after posting FY2016 net sales of 352 million Swiss francs ($347.24 million), a currency-adjusted increase of 0.3 percent versus 2015.
* Feintool said its net profit for 2016 rose to 32.1 million Swiss francs from 20.1 million francs a year earlier, and said it was proposing lifting its dividend by a third to 2 francs per share.
* Daetwyler said former Chief Executive Paul Haelg has been elected chairman of the company, succeeding Ulrich Graf.
Swiss CPI due at 0815 GMT ($1 = 1.0137 Swiss francs) (Reporting by Zurich newsroom)
HAMILTON, Bermuda, June 25 Although there is no Italian America's Cup team in Bermuda after Luna Rossa withdrew in anger over a rule change, Italy is having an impact on the final and could influence the cup's future.
FRANKFURT, June 23 Germany's Merck KGaA has won a key recommendation to become a late entrant to the market for oral multiple sclerosis (MS) drugs in Europe, six years after its first attempt to launch the cladribine pill failed.