FRANKFURT Oct 14 SLM Solutions :
* Says activist investor Elliott has increased its stake in
the 3D printer manufacturer to 20 percent from 16 percent.
* Says increase in holding effective Oct. 11.
* Regulatory releases show Elliott started building a stake
in SLM shortly after General Electric announced plans to
buy the company on Sept. 6.
* GE's offer runs to Oct. 24 and is conditional upon a 75
percent acceptance rate.
* Shares in SLM stand at about 41 euros, well above GE's
(Reporting by Maria Sheahan; Editing by David Goodman)