STOCKHOLM, Nov 3 (Reuters) - Industry data provider ACT Research:
* Preliminary net orders of heavy trucks (Class 8) in North America rose 160 pct in October year-on-year to 36,200 units
* ACT says orders significantly surpassed expectations, surging Class 8 orders and generally in-line medium-duty order activity boosted the industry’s order intake to a level not seen since December 2014.
* “October’s orders represented a 160% year-over-year jump from a particularly easy, cancellation impacted, year-ago comp,” ACT Research President Kenny Vieth, said in a statement
* “October’s preliminary orders clearly put upward pressure on ACT’s expectations for Class 8 demand next year,” Vieth added
* The biggest truck makers in North America include AB Volvo , Daimler and Paccar
* Link to press release: bit.ly/2hBHPk1 (Reporting by Johannes Hellstrom)