* Indian oil and gas explorer ONGC Videsh has sold February-loading Russian Sokol crude at $4.90 a barrel above Dubai quotes, highest premium in 2 months, trade sources said on Friday
* Trafigura bought the 700,000-barrel cargo loading on Feb 9-15 in the tender, the sources said
* A wide Brent-Dubai spread supports demand for Dubai-linked grades from the Middle East and Russia, they said.
* ONGC Videsh sold a December-loading Sokol in October at the same premium
* ONGC Videsh and commodity trader Trafigura as a matter of company policy do not comment on tender results (Reporting by Florence Tan; Editing by Tom Hogue)