Sept 7 (Reuters) - Abbvie Inc
* Abbvie's upadacitinib (abt-494) meets primary endpoint in phase 2b study in atopic dermatitis
* Abbvie Inc - "look forward to advancing upadacitinib to phase 3 studies in 2018"
* Abbvie Inc - upadacitinib is not approved by regulatory authorities and safety and efficacy have not been established
* Abbvie-results showed that primary, secondary endpoints, patients treated with upadacitinib achieved improvements that were statistically significant
* Abbvie Inc - in study, no new safety signals were detected Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: