Sept 27 (Reuters) - David Nierenberg:
* On September 26, sent a letter to Chairman and CEO of Houston Wire & Cable Co - SEC filing
* David Nierenberg reports 8.3 percent stake in Houston Wire & Cable Co as on September 26, 2017 - SEC filing
* Believe securities of Houston Wire & Cable Co are "significantly undervalued and represent attractive investment opportunity"
* May develop plans to implement potential changes in Houston Wire & Cable's operations, management, board composition, ownership, among others
* David Nierenberg previously owned a 6.5 Pct passive stake in Houston Wire & Cable Co as of Dec 31, 2016 Source text: (bit.ly/2k19JcC) Further company coverage: