Oct 3 (Reuters) - General Motors Co
* General Motors Co - reported a 12 percent year-over-year increase in total U.S. Sales in September to 279,397 units
* General Motors Co - "GM remains committed to decrease daily rental sales by 50,000 units in 2017"
* General Motors Co - "with U.S. Economy strengthening, retail sales should remain strong for foreseeable future"
* General Motors Co says "regions devastated by recent hurricanes will continue to recover, helping spur new and used vehicle sales"
* General Motors Co - Co's inventory target is unchanged, which is to end year with stocks at or below last year's level of about 850,000 vehicles Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: