Sept 1 (Reuters) - General Motors Co :
* GM's U.S. August sales up 7.5 percent
* General Motors Co - U.S. August deliveries of 275,552 vehicles, up 7.5 percent from a year ago
* General Motors Co - Remains on track to decrease daily rental sales by 50,000 units in 2017
* General Motors Co - "With U.S. Economy strengthening, we anticipate retail sales will be strong for foreseeable future"
* General Motors Co - "Hurricane Harvey did have an adverse effect on deliveries during last week of August for every automaker"
* General Motors Co - On track to meet its inventory target, which is to end year with stocks at or below last year's level of about 850,000 vehicles Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: