June 7 (Reuters) - Markel Corp:
* Markel to create new insurance division
* New division is expected to be up and running by January 1, 2018
* Bryan Sanders, President of Markel Wholesale, will lead new division, which will be named Markel Assurance
* Creation of new insurance division combines Markel’s Wholesale and Global Insurance Divisions
* Markel assurance will have underwriting teams located across US, and in Bermuda, Dublin, and London
* Britt Glisson, President of Markel Global Insurance, will assist in transition and will be retiring in 2018.
* Gross written premium of combined division is approximately $1.8 billion Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: