Sept 11 (Reuters) - Merck & Co Inc
* Merck announces findings from phase 3 study of KEYTRUDA (pembrolizumab), compared to standard of care, in patients with previously treated recurrent or metastatic head and neck squamous cell carcinoma
* Merck - findings include updated survival data showing a 19 percent reduction in risk of death over standard treatment in intent-to-treat population
* Merck & co-deaths due to treatment-related adverse events occurred in 4 patients (1.6%) in KEYTRUDA arm & 2 patients (0.9%) in standard treatment arm
* Merck & Co Inc - safety profile of KEYTRUDA was consistent with that observed in previously reported studies
* Merck & Co Inc - primary efficacy analysis of study "did not show a statistically significant improvement in overall survival"
* Merck - treatment-related adverse events (TRAES) of any grade occurred in 63.0% patients in KEYTRUDA arm and 83.8% patients in standard treatment arm Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: