Aug 30 (Reuters) - The following are the top stories in the Financial Times. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
* United Technologies nears $30 bln deal for Rockwell Collins. on.ft.com/2wHrx1M
* Donald Trump warns North Korea over missile defiance. on.ft.com/2wHE1Xb
* Theresa May's Japan trip 'prepares ground' for trade deal. on.ft.com/2wHezkz
* United Technologies Corp , owner of jet-engine maker Pratt & Whitney, is in talks to acquire aircraft component manufacturer Rockwell Collins Inc for almost $30 billion, including debt.
* British Prime Minister Theresa May will look to ease corporate Japan's worries about Brexit during a three-day visit to the country from Wednesday focused on progress on a bilateral trade deal for when Britain leaves the European Union.
* President Donald Trump warned on Tuesday that all options are on the table for the United States to respond to North Korea's firing of a ballistic missile over northern Japan's Hokkaido island into the sea in a new show of force. (Compiled by Bengaluru newsroom; Editing by Sandra Maler)