March 13 (Reuters) - The following are the top stories in the Financial Times. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
* Brexit preparations to cost UK about 2 bln pounds, think-tank estimates on.ft.com/2IjsIqS
* Barclays pays top managers over 20 mln pounds in shares on.ft.com/2pa6r6f
* GKN rejects 'final' 8 bln pound hostile bid from Melrose on.ft.com/2p9mZvb
* Trump blocks Broadcom's $142 bln bid for Qualcomm on.ft.com/2pdvs0y
- The Institute for Government, in a detailed assessment of Whitehall's Brexit spending, said Britain is likely to have spent about 2 billion pounds ($2.78 billion) on preparations for Brexit by the time it leaves the European Union in March 2019.
- Barclays Plc paid 44 percent more than last year in share awards to its top managers, even though the bank had a net loss and its shares underperformed in 2017.
- GKN Plc dismissed an increased bid by Melrose Industries Plc saying that it "fundamentally" undervalued the company.
- U.S. President Donald Trump blocked Broadcom Ltd from buying rival chip maker Qualcomm,saying he was acting to protect the national security of the United States.
$1 = 0.7190 pounds Compiled by Bengaluru newsroom; Editing by Sandra Maler