April 16 (Reuters) - The following are the top stories in the Financial Times. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
* Barclays creates venture capital-style unit on.ft.com/2qCe467
* Advent nears deal to buy Sanofi generics business on.ft.com/2qyOdvS
* Goldman buys personal finance app Clarity Money on.ft.com/2qBExRc
* Theresa May faces backlash over Syria air strikes on.ft.com/2qyJxpZ
- Barclays Plc set up a new venture capital-style unit called Barclays UK Ventures that aims to add billions of pounds into the bank's annual revenues by 2025.
- U.S. buyout group Advent International is close to buying the European generics business of Sanofi SA and the announcement might come as early as Monday.
- Goldman Sachs Group Inc acquired Clarity Money, adding to the row of deals the bank has done under its digital banking business banner of Marcus.
- UK Prime Minister Theresa May will explain to parliament on Monday why she did not seek its consent before launching air strikes on Syria. (Compiled by Bengaluru newsroom; Editing by Sandra Maler)