Aug 29 (Reuters) - The following are the top stories in the Financial Times. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
* EU demands that Britain "start negotiating seriously" over Brexit. on.ft.com/2wE5id1
* North Korea launches ballistic missile that flies over Japan. on.ft.com/2wEDRQg
* U.S. drugmaker Gilead agrees $12 bln deal to buy rival Kite Pharma. on.ft.com/2wE5gBH
* The European Union's chief negotiator Michel Barnier said on Monday he was concerned at the slow progress of Brexit talks, while his British counterpart David Davis called for "imagination and flexibility" to move on.
* North Korea fired a missile early on Tuesday that flew over Japan and landed in the Pacific waters off the northern island of Hokkaido, South Korea and Japan said, in a sharp escalation of tensions on the Korean peninsula.
* Gilead Sciences Inc agreed to buy Kite Pharma Inc in a nearly $12 billion deal on Monday, as it looks to replace flagging sales from hepatitis C drugs with an emerging and expensive class of cancer immunotherapies that are expected to generate billions of dollars in revenue. (Compiled by Bengaluru newsroom; Editing by Sandra Maler)