Sept 7 (Reuters) - The following are the top stories in the Financial Times. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
* Downing Street urges business to publicly back Brexit stance. on.ft.com/2w8DEjZ
* Facebook reveals Russian spending on U.S. election ads. on.ft.com/2w88rNY
* Stanley Fischer resigns as Fed vice-chairman. on.ft.com/2w8QuP7
* The British government has asked FTSE 100 companies to sign a public letter endorsing its Brexit strategy on Wednesday angering many executives who are reluctant to agree.
* Facebook Inc said on Wednesday it had found that an influence operation likely based in Russia spent $100,000 on thousands of ads promoting divisive social and political messages in a two-year-period amid investigations into allegations of Russian efforts to influence the U.S. presidential election.
* U.S. Federal Reserve Vice Chair Stanley Fischer, a veteran central banker who helped set the course for modern monetary policy, said on Wednesday he will step down from his position in mid-October. (Compiled by Bengaluru newsroom; Editing by Sandra Maler)