(Adds news items, futures)
Aug 28 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening 46 points higher at 7,623 on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers with futures up 0.6 percent ahead of the cash market open.
* BUNZL: British business supplies distributor Bunzl's first-half profit rose 3.9 percent, driven by gains from recent acquisitions.
* RPC: Europe's biggest plastics packager RPC Group Plc is selling Letica Corp's food-service packaging business to Graphic Packaging for $95 million on a debt-free basis.
* FAROE PETROLEUM: Norwegian oil firm DNO on Monday withdrew its request for seats on the board of Faroe Petroleum amid an escalating war of words between the two companies.
* MELROSE INDUSTRIAL: British turnaround firm Melrose Industries Plc's plans to divest one of its U.S.-based units fell through, The Times reported bit.ly/2wixBw0 on Tuesday, months after Melrose clinched an 8 billion pound ($10.5 billion) hostile takeover of aerospace and automotive parts supplier GKN.
* GOCOMPARE.COM: GoCompare.com Group has attracted possible takeover interest from private equity firm KKR, Bloomberg reported bloom.bg/2PyplQx late on Friday.
* The UK blue chip index ended 0.2 percent higher at 7,577.49 points on Friday, propped up by Shire and commodity sectors as investors digested a speech by the U.S. Fed chief and the lack of a breakthrough in U.S.-China trade talks.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for: * For Top News : topnews.reuters.com (Reporting by Justin George Varghese)