(Adds company news items and futures)
Aug 23 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening down 7 points on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures down 0.2 percent ahead of the cash market open.
* WPP: WPP, the world's largest advertising group, cut its full-year net sales outlook on Wednesday after it missed first-half targets due to a drop in demand from consumer goods clients and weak trading in the United States.
* VEDANTA RESOURCES: Diversified miner Vedanta Resources said its quarterly core earnings jumped about 48 percent as zinc production at its Indian unit nearly doubled.
* ENQUEST: North Sea-focused oil producer EnQuest cut its full-year production forecast on Wednesday as prolonged commissioning of its Kraken production storage unit led to lower-than-expected efficiencies.
* HANSTEEN: Property group Hansteen Holdings plans to return 580 million pounds ($744 million) to shareholders by the end of this year, as it looks to hand back the proceeds of the sale of its German and Dutch industrial property portfolios.
* BHP: Global miner BHP Billiton on Wednesday unveiled a board shakeup that will see controversial director Grant King step down six months after joining the company amid concerns among investors over oil investments.
* VODAFONE: Vodafone is in talks with BT's network subsidiary Openreach about a joint investment in ultrafast UK broadband, The Telegraph reported on Tuesday.(bit.ly/2g3KZyL)
* GVC HOLDINGS: British online gambling company GVC Holdings recently held talks about a takeover of bookmaker Ladbrokes Coral but discussions ended without a deal, two sources familiar with the matter said.
* OIL: Oil prices fell on Wednesday, weighed down by concerns of oversupply as Libyan output improves and as U.S. gasoline inventories rose despite the peak summer driving season.
* The UK blue chip FTSE 100 index closed 0.9 percent up at 7,381.74 points on Tuesday, underpinned by mining shares and gains in almost all stocks.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for: * 3000 Xtra : visit topnews.session.rservices.com * For Top News : topnews.reuters.com (Reporting by Siju Varghese)