* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX falls 0.30 percent to 16,377.12
* Leading the index were Ballard Power Systems Inc, up 5.9%, Enerflex Ltd, up 3.7%, and Hudbay Minerals Inc , higher by 3.5%.
* Lagging shares were Gildan Activewear Inc, down 25.1%, Aurora Cannabis Inc, down 5.6%, and Hexo Corp , lower by 5.5%.
* On the TSX 87 issues rose and 140 fell as a 0.6-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 3 new highs and 9 new lows, with total volume of 166.2 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc, Gildan Activewear Inc and Encana Corp .
* The TSX's energy group fell 1.43 points, or 1.1%, while the financials sector climbed 0.59 points, or 0.2%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 0.33%, or $0.18, to $53.75 a barrel. Brent crude fell 1% , or $0.6, to $59.31
* The TSX is up 14.3% for the year.