SINGAPORE, Sept 7 (Reuters) - LME copper was little changed on Friday, with the market set for a second week of decline on concerns over demand as a trade war between the United States and top industrial metals consumer China intensifies.
* Three-month copper on the London Metal Exchange eased 0.1 percent to $5,924 a tonne by 0124 GMT, while the most-traded copper contract on the Shanghai Futures Exchange gained 0.5 percent to 47,820 yuan a tonne.
* For the week, LME copper is down around 0.8 percent while the market in Shanghai has given up 1.5 percent.
* U.S. President Donald Trump has said he is prepared to quickly ramp up a trade war with China and has told aides he is ready to impose tariffs on $200 billion more on Chinese imports as soon as a public comment period on the plan ends.
* China will be forced to retaliate if the United States implements any new tariff measures, China's commerce ministry warned on Thursday, as the world's two biggest economies remain locked in an intensifying trade war.
* In news, road access to MMG Ltd's Las Bambas copper mine in Peru, which was blocked by protesters last week, has been restored and company logistics are operating normally, the company said late on Wednesday.
* Members of the indigenous community Nueva Fuerabamba had occupied a section of the road which passes through their farmland to demand compensation from the company, a community lawyer said last week.
* European customers will avoid deals with Russia's United Company Rusal, under U.S. sanctions, when the industry meets in Berlin next week to seal 2019 metal supply agreements, three sources familiar with the discussions said.
* For the top stories in metals and other news, click or
* Asian shares slipped to a 14-month trough on Friday as investors feared a new round of Sino-U.S. tariffs could come at any moment, while a slump in U.S. chip stocks rippled through the tech sector.
Three month LME copper
Most active ShFE copper
Three month LME aluminium
Most active ShFE aluminium
Three month LME zinc
Most active ShFE zinc
Three month LME lead
Most active ShFE lead
Three month LME nickel
Most active ShFE nickel
Three month LME tin
Most active ShFE tin
Reporting by Naveen Thukral; editing by Richard Pullin