ZURICH, Nov 7 (Reuters) - The Swiss blue-chip SMI was seen opening 0.2 percent higher at 9,304 points on Tuesday, according to premarket indications by bank Julius Baer .
The following are some of the main factors expected to affect Swiss stocks.
The world's largest staffing company reported worse-than-expected earnings during its third quarter on Tuesday as it was hit by a big non-cash writedown in the value of its trademarks.
For more news, click on
The drugmaker said it has won U.S. approval to market its skin cancer drug Zelboraf for certain patients with Erdheim-Chester Disease, a rare type of blood cancer, and to market its drug Alecensa as a first choice of treatment for a subset of patients with non-small cell lung cancer.
Seperately, the company plans to relocate packaging of mature small molecule drugs from Kaiseraugst in Switzerland to the locations where the drugs are made, a move that will impact 235 jobs and begin largely after 2019.
For more news, click
* Novartis said Cosentyx cut psoriatic arthritis symptoms and slowed joint damage in new analysis of data from a trial.
* Implenia said it is building a new office structure for the United Nations in Geneva, a contract valued at around 100 million francs.
* Partners Group said it is leading financing of Laser Clinics Australia.
* Burckhardt Compression said its first-half net income fell to 8.7 million francs, down 1.3 million francs from the period in the previous year.
* SHL Telemedicine said Kun Shen, a private investor based in Hong Kong, has acquired additional shares and now holds 25.02 percent of voting rights in the company.
* Santhera said Todd Bazemore had resigned as Chief Operating Officer of Santhera Pharmaceuticals and member of executive management.
ECONOMY (Reporting by Zurich newsroom)