ZURICH/BERLIN, Sept 3 (Reuters) - The Swiss blue-chip SMI was seen opening 0.2% lower at 9,908 points on Tuesday, according to premarket indications by bank Julius Baer .
Here are some of the main factors that may affect Swiss stocks:
Papua New Guinea will start preliminary hearings on Sept. 19 into the terms of a A$1.2 billion ($810.5 million) loan from Swiss bank UBS used for an ill-fated government investment in the gas sector, the inquiry's chairman said on Monday.
Roche Holding and Spark Therapeutics announced on Tuesday another extension of the Swiss drugmaker's $4.3 billion takeover offer for the U.S. gene therapy specialist as regulatory reviews continue. The offer now runs to Oct. 1, Roche said.
Drugmaker Novartis's Sandoz division has licensed from Polpharma Biologics a proposed biosimilar version of multiple sclerosis drug natalizumab, the companies said on Tuesday without giving financial details of the accord. The medicine is in Phase III clinical development for the treatment of relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS).
Celltrion and Lonza sign contract to manufacture remsima drug substance
* MCH Group AG: H1 earnings before taxes CHF 0.9 mln vs CHF 22.8 mln yr ago; H1 net loss CHF 1.0 mln vs profit CHF 21.5 mln yr ago; second half of 2019 will be weaker than the first
* Asmallworld AG: grew H1 revenue by 45% and reached positive EBITDA and net result
* Kuros Biosciences AG: Announces FDA approval of application to initiate fibrin-pth phase 2a clinical trial in spinal fusion
* BKW AG: now expects FY operating result in CHF 350-370 million range (previously: 320-340 million); increased H1 revenue by 7% to CHF 1,370 million; H1 net profit increased by 59% to CHF 201 million
* Baloise Holding AG: placed its first ever three-tranche senior bond transaction worth CHF 425 million
* Medacta Group SA: guidance for full-year 2019 is confirmed; H1 EBITDA euro 43.5 million (H1 2018: euro 43.2 million)
SWISS RE AG: BARCLAYS CUTS TARGET PRICE TO SFR 106.10 FROM SFR 107.70
UBS GROUP AG: BARCLAYS CUTS TARGET PRICE TO SFR 11 FROM SFR 11.20
ZURICH INSURANCE GROUP AG: BARCLAYS RAISES TARGET PRICE TO SFR 340 FROM SFR 325
Swiss August inflation data due at 0630 GMT. Seen at -0.1% m/m, +0.3% y/y. ($1 = 1.4806 Australian dollars) (Reporting by Zurich newsroom and Berlin Speed Desk)