ZURICH, Aug 30 (Reuters) - The Swiss blue-chip SMI was seen opening 0.22 percent higher at 8,834 points on Wednesday, according to premarket indications by bank Julius Baer.
The following are some of the main factors expected to affect Swiss stocks:
The Swiss-based sugar substitute maker is cutting 43 percent of its workforce, paring locations and jettisoning additional management by year's end as it seeks to arrest widening losses, the company said in a statement on Wednesday.
For more news, click on
* Baloise Holding said its first half profit rose by 33.8 percent to 298.6 million Swiss francs ($312.57 million).
* Goldbach Group raises its FY outlook after it reported a 24 percent rise in first half net profit to 4.6 million Swiss francs.
* Pax Anlage reported a H1 consolidated loss of 10.9 million Swiss francs, down from a profit of 0.6 million francs a year earlier.
* Molecular Partners reported a H1 net loss of 19.4 million Swiss francs.
* Intershop Holding said its H1 net income fell to 29.4 million Swiss francs.
* Swiss Estates said Kurt Marty now holds 85,310 registered shares corresponding to a 2.97 percent share Of voting rights.
* The UBS Swiss consumption indicator rose slightly to 1.38 points in July from a revised 1.3 points in June, the Swiss bank's economists said on Wednesday.
* KOF leading indicator for August due at 0700 GMT
* Swiss investor sentiment for August due 0800 GMT
$1 = 0.9553 Swiss francs Reporting by Zurich newsroom