ZURICH, June 26(Reuters) - The Swiss blue-chip SMI was seen opening 0.3 percent higher at 8,486 points on Tuesday, according to premarket indications by bank Julius Baer .
Here are some of the main factors that may affect Swiss stocks.
NOVARTIS The drugmaker has decided in principle to spin off its Alcon eye care business via a stock market flotation, the Tages-Anzeiger newspaper reports, citing unnamed sources.
For more news, click on
* UBS Europe displays moderate asset risk, robust capitalisation, and a solid funding and sound liquidity profile, Moody's Investors Services said, assigning the bank first-time provisional deposit and issuer ratings of (P)Aa3/(P)P-1.
* VP Bank said it will buy up to 10 percent of its share capital as part of a share buyback.
* Banque Cantonale de Geneve has been fined 30,000 Swiss francs ($30,413.63) by the Swiss Six Exchange for breaching rules on regular reporting obligations.
* Basilea said it has started a clinical phase 2a expansion trial with its BAL101553 treatment for patients with ovarian cancer and glioblastoma.
* Implenia said Audun Aaland is taking over as chief executive of its Norwegian subsidiary Implenia Norge.
* Kuehne + Nagel said it has opened an integrated logistics control centre in Bogota, Colombia.
* Orascom Development Holding said it has signed a nine years' lease agreement with a German-based company for an office building in El Gouna, Egypt.
* Coltene said it is acquiring dental companies SciCan and MicroMega, boosting sales in the areas of infection control and endodontics.
* Conzzetta said it has signed an agreement to buy a 70 percent majority stake in Italian automation company Antil.
* Titlis Bergbahnen and Brunni-Bahnen Engelberg have launched talks about a possible merger, both companies said, adding it was not certain whether and when a combination would be completed.
$1 = 0.9864 Swiss francs Reporting by Zurich newsroom