Oct 31 - The Swiss blue-chip SMI was seen opening 0.2% higher at 10,274 points on Thursday, according to premarket indications by bank Julius Baer.
Here are some of the main factors that may affect Swiss stocks:
Swiss Re posted a 23% year-on-year rise in net profit in the first nine months, despite big claims from natural and man-made catastrophes. Net profit was $1.34 billion during the period, up from $1.09 billion a year earlier. Analysts had expected a net profit of $1.37 billion, according to Reuters calculations and data from Refinitiv.
Kept outlook for full-year 2019 unchanged while reporting nine-month revenue fell 2.7%
Geberit reported better-than-expected profit during its third quarter, adding it expected full-year profitability towards the upper end of its target range
The Swiss National Bank SNBN.S posted third-quarter profit of 13.1 billion Swiss francs ($13.3 billion) as easy money provided by other central banks boosted its stock portfolio while political risks helped lift the price of gold.
* EFG International opens advisory office in Dubai
* Molecular Partners AG: FY 2019 expense guidance slightly reduced to CHF 55-60 million
* Galenica: Swisscom executive Marc Werner to take over as CEO on 1 april 2020 from Jean-Claude Clémençon, who is taking early retirement
* WISeKey International Holding has filed its Form 20-F registration statement with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission relating to the proposed listing of its American Depositary Shares on a major U.S stock exchange.
* Crealogix Holding AG: completes placement of convertible bonds and increases issue amount to CHF 25 million due to strong demand
* Behr Bircher Cellpack BBC AG controls 99.06% of Baumgartner Gruppe Holding after a tender offer, according to final results announced on Thursday
* Tecan Group AG said it appointed Ralf Griebel a member of the management board.
No major economic data scheduled.
Reporting by Zurich newsroom and Berlin Speed Desk