ZURICH/BERLIN, March 17 (Reuters) - The Swiss blue-chip SMI .SSMI was seen opening 1.8% higher at 8,375 points on Tuesday, according to premarket indications by bank Julius Baer .
Here are some of the main factors that may affect Swiss stocks on Tuesday:
Coronavirus fears led to a historic drop in U.S. stocks, shut borders and disrupted daily life around the world, as governments took increasingly drastic measures to try to reduce the severity of the global outbreak.
Reported FY sales of 5.9 billion Swiss francs.
* The Swiss drugmaker said late on Monday that voting at its annual general meeting on Tuesday would be by independent proxy only. It advised shareholders not to travel to the meeting as they could not be admitted to the meeting room under the new guidelines issued by the Swiss government on Monday.
* The company said in a separate release it had started shipping the first 400,000 COVID-19 tests to laboratories across the U.S. to begin patient testing under FDA Emergency Use Authorization.
* Roche Chief Executive Severin Schwan told CNN Money Switzerland the company was in discussions with regulators to make its drug Actemra available to soften secondary effects of the coronavirus infection.
For more, click on
* Partners Group FY Profit Up At CHF 900 Million .
* Tecan Group AG reported full-year net profit of CHF 73.2 million (2018: CHF 70.7 million); full-year 2020 sales are again forecast to increase in the mid- to high single-digit percentage range in local currencies; 2020 reported EBITDA margin expected to expand to around 19.6% of sales; any impact on the full-year business performance of the outbreak of the new coronavirus (covid19) cannot be predicted at present
* Schindler said its AGM would take place on Thursday as planned, but shareholders would not be allowed to attend in person, but had to vote via independent proxy to comply with the latest requirements issued by the Swiss government.
* Interroll Holding AG: Markus Asch nominated for election to board of directors
* Relief Therapeutics said it is test RLF-100 (Aviptadil) For Treatment Of COVID-Induced acute respiratory distress syndrome.
* SFS said it is buying buys Connecticut-Located Truelove & Maclean.
* Sika said it is expanding membrane production in Switzerland.
* Komax said its FY EBIT Down At CHF 24.0 Mln
* Swissquote Group o Propose Stable Dividend Of CHF 1.00/Shr
* Admicasa said its FY Net Profit Turns To Loss Of CHF 0.2 Million
* Crealogix said its H1 EBITDA was CHF 0.4 Mln.
* Novavest Real Estate Postpones AGM Until June 2020.
* Vetropack said it is to modify its capital structure, plans a share split
* Conzzeta reports its FY Group Result Up At CHF 136.8 Million
* Schlatter Industries FY Consolidated Result Down At CHF 0.5 Mln.
ARYZTA AG: CREDIT SUISSE CUTS TARGET PRICE TO CHF 0.30 FROM CHF 0.70
SGS SA: CREDIT SUISSE CUTS TARGET PRICE TO CHF 2150 FROM CHF 2750
NESTLE JP MORGAN CUTS TARGET PRICE TO CHF 99 FROM CHF 120 -
* The Swiss government's economic forecasts scheduled for Tuesday, March 17, have been postponed until March 19, the State Secretariat for Economic Affairs said.
Reporting by Zurich newsroom and Berlin Speed Desk