Aug 30 (Reuters) - The following are the top stories in the Wall Street Journal. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
- The Justice Department has taken preliminary steps to investigate whether managers at Uber Technologies Inc violated a U.S. law against foreign bribery, according to people familiar with the matter. on.wsj.com/2gpbwqM
- Even before he takes the job as Uber Technologies Inc's new chief executive, fresh challenges confront Expedia Inc CEO Dara Khosrowshahi, with news of a federal bribery probe into Uber and public disagreement over how the board's decision to hire him unfolded. on.wsj.com/2gohMyZ
- Apple Inc is scrambling to strike deals with Hollywood studios to offer ultrahigh-definition films on its new Apple TV, but discussions have been hampered by disagreements over pricing, according to people with knowledge of the talks. on.wsj.com/2gnOqR4
- A federal appeals court ordered the Federal Communications Commission to give two firms affiliated with Dish Network Corp another chance at success in an airwaves auction where the FCC determined they were ineligible for crucial small-business discounts. on.wsj.com/2go4kuV
- Low-cost airline Allegiant Travel Co will venture into real estate with a sprawling resort on Florida's Gulf Coast, even as hotel development slows nationwide amid a glut of rooms. on.wsj.com/2gpSi4l (Compiled by Bengaluru newsroom)