Feb 15 (Reuters) - Sri Lankan shares ended lower on Monday, weighed down by losses in consumer staples and financial stocks.
* The benchmark stock index fell 0.97% to 7,907.27 at the end of the trading session after having closed 5.1% firmer on Friday.
* The Sri Lankan rupee was last quoted at 194 against the U.S. dollar, as of 1107 GMT.
* Trading volume on the CSE All Share Index fell to 134.5 million from 184.8 million in the previous session.
* Conglomerate Melstacorp slumped 12% to be the biggest drag in the index, followed by a 6.7% decline in shares of Browns Investment.
* Real estate development firm York Arcade Holdings , which was the biggest percentage loser, shed nearly 13%.
* Foreign investors were net sellers, off-loading 213.2 million Sri Lankan rupees ($1.10 million) worth of shares, according to exchange data.
* Equity market turnover was 6.01 billion Sri Lankan rupees, data showed.
* For a report on global markets, click
* For a report on major currencies, click <FRX/
$1 = 194.0000 Sri Lankan rupees Reporting by Philip George in Bengaluru