March 10 (Reuters) - Sri Lankan shares ended lower on Wednesday, driven by a slide in financial services and consumer discretionary stocks.
* The CSE All Share Index ended 1.15% lower at 7,212.66.
* Trading volume plunged to 31.4 million from 143.9 million in the previous session.
* Home appliances seller Singer (Sri Lanka) Plc and Ceylinco Insurance Plc were the biggest drags on the index.
* Foreign investors were net buyers, purchasing shares worth 34.5 million Sri Lankan rupees ($176,020), according to exchange data.
* Equity market turnover was 655.8 million rupees, exchange data showed.
* The Sri Lankan rupee was quoted at 196.00 against the dollar as of 1235 GMT, according to Refinitiv data.
* For a report on global markets, click
* For a report on major currencies, click ($1 = 196.0000 Sri Lankan rupees) (Reporting by Sachin Ravikumar in Bengaluru; Editing by Devika Syamnath)