Feb 5 (Reuters) -
* Xcel Energy Inc is expected to show a rise in quarterly revenue when it reports results.
* The Minneapolis, Minnesota-based company is expected to report a 9.8 percent increase in revenue to $3.07 billion from $2.79 billion a year ago, according to the mean estimate of 6 analysts, according to Thomson Reuters data.
* The analyst mean estimate for Xcel Energy Inc is for earnings of 43 cents per share. For the same quarter last year, the company reported earnings of 45 cents per share.
* The current average analyst rating on the shares is "buy" and the breakdown of recommendations is 4 "strong buy" or "buy," 10 "hold" and no "sell" or "strong sell."
* The Starmine predicted earnings surprise, the difference between Wall Street's mean estimate and Starmine's estimate of its highest rated analysts, is positive for Xcel Energy at 0.92 percent; predicted revenue surprise is negative at 7.44 percent.
* The mean earnings estimate of analysts was unchanged in the last three months.
* Xcel Energy Inc belongs to the NASDAQ Composite Index. This summary was generated 01:30 p.m. GMT.